Every person gets wrinkles in the course of his life, because the skin becomes thinner and loses its elasticity. However, with a healthy lifestyle you can prevent wrinkles - a balanced diet and careful UV protection are crucial. If wrinkles have formed, today there are many ways to treat them. Among other things, a therapy with Botox or hyaluronic acid in question. Certain wrinkles can also be removed by laser. Find out more about the different treatment methods and their risks here.
Why do wrinkles develop?
Wrinkles are caused by the natural aging process of the skin. The skin loses its elasticity over the course of life and contains less collagen and hyaluronic acid than at a young age. This causes wrinkles over time. How much the skin ages depends on internal and external factors.
Regarding internal factors, our genes play a crucial role - and unfortunately we can not influence them. The situation is different with regard to the external factors: In addition to proper nutrition, healthy habits (eg abstinence from alcohol and nicotine) and regular skincare, protection against UV light plays a crucial role here.
Different types of folds
Depending on the cause and place of origin different types of folds are distinguished. Below is a list of the most common types of folds:
- Gravity wrinkles are caused by a decreasing firmness of the skin. They are particularly common in the area of the chin and neck.
- Mimic wrinkles - such as the so-called wrinkles between the eyebrows - are formed by the activity of the facial muscles.
- Perioral wrinkles are wrinkles that arise around the mouth. In contrast, folds between nose and mouth are referred to as nasolabial folds.
- Orbital folds extend the mouth down and often give the affected person a sad, bitter appearance.
- Actinic wrinkles are caused by visits to the solarium and years of sunshine.
- Crow's feet are small wrinkles that arise, for example, when the eyes squint together when laughing at the corner of the eye.
In a natural way, the development of wrinkles can not be completely prevented - but it can be delayed and mitigated. First and foremost, it is important to have a healthy lifestyle, as factors such as unhealthy diet, stress, lack of sleep and alcohol and nicotine consumption can have a negative impact on skin aging.
In addition, UV light is a key factor in the development of wrinkles. Therefore always pay attention to a sufficient sun protection and avoid excessive sunbathing. You should also do without visits to the solarium.
Often anti-aging and wrinkle creams are used to prevent wrinkles. Whether these creams are actually effective, however, has yet to be scientifically proven.
The right diet makes the difference
Instead of expensive creams you should therefore prefer fruit and vegetables, because the following foods are - used in the long term - real anti-aging miracle:
- Berries (for example elderberries, blueberries)
In addition, you can prevent wrinkles with some facial exercises. Here you will find suitable facial exercises.